Chris Jones is a candidate in the Arkansas 2022 Gubernatorial Race. Dr. Chris Jones grew up in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. A son of two preachers, Chris was raised with a strong sense of faith. He attended Morehouse College on a NASA Scholarship for physics and math, then went on to study at MIT, becoming a nuclear engineer and earning a Ph.D. in urban planning. After becoming ordained as a minister, Chris returned home to Arkansas and led the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub.
Fellows will learn how to execute a professional campaign plan, fundraising program, communications strategy, and engage various aspects of the campaign on team projects. In the process, Fellows will also build quintessential fundraising, database, writing, and communication skills useful in a variety of full-time positions in politics and beyond. All fellows will work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
While this position is unpaid, we encourage all interns to explore the option of receiving academic or school credit for their experience.
- Assist the campaign team in implementing all aspects of the campaign strategy
- Develop and implement events
- Conduct press and voter outreach
- Assist in social media strategy
- Conduct Campaign Research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Willingness to work long and flexible hours
- Access to reliable, insured transportation
- Experience volunteering or interning on a campaign is a plus, but not required
*People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.*
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Fellow” Please address your passion and experience building power through grassroots organizing in your cover letter. The position will be open until filled. Please call 501-301-4549 or visit our website at www.chrisforgovernor.com to learn more about our campaign.